came into the contest with home runs

Tout au long de l'année des petits concours entre membres (sans rien à gagner mais simplement pour s'amuser) seront organisés!
elaine95

came into the contest with home runs

Messagepar elaine95 » mar. 12 févr. 2019 01:18

TORONTO (AP) — The Houston Astros moved their celebration from the team hotel to the clubhouse.The Astros marked their second straight AL West title by dousing one another with wine and beer and enjoying cigars after Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays.“We’re getting used to this Anibal Sanchez Jersey ,” infielder Alex Bregman said. “I like it.”It was the second celebration of the day for the Astros, who clinched the division just after 2 a.m. Wednesday when Oakland lost at Seattle 10-8 in 11 innings.The Twitter account of the defending World Series champions posted videos of players, coaches and their partners jumping up and down in celebration inside a meeting room at The Ritz-Carlton Toronto.“It was pretty unique,” ace Justin Verlander said. “There’s been some unique scenarios, but not like that one.”Back inside the smoky, dripping clubhouse, the Astros enjoyed a party that was, in Verlander’s words, “a little more traditional.”“I hope we do this three more times,” he said.Houston opens the AL Division Series at home on Oct. 5 against Central Division champion Cleveland. Before Wednesday’s game, Bregman said he was “super pumped” to repeat as division winners.“We haven’t had the smoothest of rides, a little adversity along the way, but we’ve pushed through it and we’re playing good baseball at the right time,” he said.Left-hander Dallas Keuchel was among those who stayed up to watch the A’s play Tuesday night at Safeco Field. Having celebrated late into the night, Keuchel was taking it easy at Wednesday’s postgame party.“I usually drink a little bit at these but I’m still hurting from last night,” Keuchel said.Second baseman Jose Altuve said he was proud of his teammates for wrapping up a repeat division title.“We’re having a lot of fun,” Altuve said. “I think we deserve this, we all deserve this.”Manager AJ Hinch Eduardo Escobar Jersey , who stayed away from the hotel gathering because of a minor illness, decided to get involved in the clubhouse celebrations.“It probably set me back a couple of days, but it’s worth it,” Hinch said. “There’s one team that can repeat, and that’s us. We need four celebrations and 11 wins. Those are all the points that this team needs to know.”Hinch spoke to the Astros before Wednesday’s game to congratulate and thank the players, and to remind them of the task ahead.“I’m so proud of this team,” Hinch said before the game. “To go back-to-back 100 wins, back-to-back division championships, it’s not easy to do what we’re doing, so I do want out guys to relish in it.”The Astros (100-57) need three wins in their final four games to break the 1998 team record.“It’s something we would like to accomplish,” Verlander said. “Selfishly, I think we’ve got the best Houston Astros team ever assembled. Having the record to show that would be nice.”Houston is now turning its attention to the Indians.“They’re a really good team,” Altuve said. “They’ve got really good hitters like we do. They’ve got good pitching. We’ve got good pitching, too. It’s going to be interesting. I pick my team, obviously, but I think it’s going to be good competition.”Houston’s success the past two seasons is particularly meaningful to Altuve and Keuchel, who each suffered through multiple 100-loss campaigns in their first years with the team. The Astros lost a combined 324 games from 2011-2013.“You’ve got to take a second to think about how good it feels,” Keuchel said. “Being a part of two 100-loss seasons back-to-back when I first got called up and then now being part of part two consecutive 100-win seasons is pretty special.” Atlanta Braves shortstopRonald AcunaJr. will bat first in the team's game against the Colorado Rockies on Thursday http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-jake-odorizzi-jersey , per Kelsey Wingert of Fox Sports South, just a day removed from taking a pitch to the elbow against the Miami Marlins.Marlins pitcherJose UrenastruckAcuna with a fastball in the first inning on Wednesday.FOX Sports: Braves FOXSportsBravesThe first pitch of the night to Ronald Acu帽a Jr.Clearly intentional. TlDpUGOdcWFOX Sports: Braves FOXSportsBravesTensions flare at SunTrust Park as Ronald Acu帽a Jr. is hit on the elbow with a fastball from Marlins starter Jose Urena. The benches clear as both teams meet at the mound. #Braves | #ChopOn s1fGrMjezhAcuna came into the contest with home runs in five straight games, and the pitch was clearly deemed intentional by the umpires, who ejected Urena.Ryan M. Spaeder theaceofspaeder#Marlins Jose Urena is ejected after hitting #Braves Ronald Acuna Jr. He is the first pitcher to be tossed after hitting the first batter of the game since Angels John Lackey鈥攚ho plunked Rangers Ian Kinsler鈥攐n May 16, 2009.Acuna didn't finish the game, though X-rays after the contest came back negative, per theAssociated Press. And his teammates, understandably, were not happy with Urena."He's been swinging the ball incredibly well, obviously," Braves first basemanFreddie Freemansaid of Acuna, per the AP. "It just makes no sense. It was just completely classless on Jose Urena's part.""I'm not sure I've ever felt like that in a baseball uniform,"Braves manager Brian Snitkeradded. "[Acuna] didn't deserve that. ... I've had three hours to calm down and all of a sudden I'm not real good right now."The general consensus around baseball was that Urena's beaning was absolutely uncalled for:Brandon McCarthy BMcCarthy32Garbage baseball. Hard to throw one pitch and piss off two clubhouses so good luck Jose dealing with the mess youve made.Buster Olney Buster_ESPNThe fact that Urena dropped his glove as the Braves bench emptied and seemed to beckon them forward tells you all you need to know about his intent.Buster Olney Buster_ESPNImagine if, in the middle of a no-hitter, a hitter charged the mound and whacked the unsuspecting pitcher on the arm with a bat just because the pitcher was dominating. Thats basically what happened with Urena/Acuna.Matt Marrone thebigmKiermaier: quot;Im speaking for a lot of other guys. I got a kid on the way, coming November now, so if you try to hit me on purpose, you go high and tight Eddie Rosario Jersey , thats risking health problems and, Im not gonna say life-threatening, but, that baseball can do a lot of damage to someone.quot;Matt Marrone thebigmquot;I would have had no problem if he wouldve hit me. He ended up missing. The game went on. But theres other times when guys are out of line and you have to defend yourself.quot;"It seemed pretty blatant to me," New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone said, perDo-Hyoung Park and Daniel Kramerof MLB.com."You know, I hate that. I'll just kind of leave it at that. It had a bad look.""Look, I don't know if it was intentional or not. I saw what I saw," Tampa Bay Rays manager Kevin Cash added. "You'd hate to see any player, young player, veteran player, that's having success and going about it the right way. You don't want to see anybody get hurt to the point they're taken out of the ballgame."Acuna, 20, is hitting .288 with 19 homers, 43 RBI, 49 runs and eight stolen bases this season. He's a crucial figure for a Braves team battling for an NL East title and a postseason berth. Thankfully for the Braves, it appears he won't miss any time after being struck by Urena's fastball.

JonathanHampden

Re: came into the contest with home runs

Messagepar JonathanHampden » sam. 16 févr. 2019 05:27

This sort of choice is absolutely in the base of confused and India attempt to demonstrate that there isn't a nation like India. bestessays reliable choice can likewise influence the serene and loads of issues made because of this choice. I trust India will comprehend this condition.

Paulina Manza

Re: came into the contest with home runs

Messagepar Paulina Manza » lun. 29 juil. 2019 13:04

I have started liking Astros because of their passion and their aggressiveness in the game. They are more trained than other teams. That’s why they won their consecutive 3rd match. Get further details here https://fupping.com/natty/2019/06/24/best-books-of-all-time-that-every-student-should-read/ as the match between Astros and Toronto blues was very thrilling and Astros won by 3-1

Revenir vers « Concours de coloriages entre membres »